Life brand Insect Repellent  » Housewares  »
4.3
available at Shoppers Drug Mart
  • Summer is my favourite season, and I love being able to enjoy outdoor activities after being cooped up inside all winter
  • But my very least favourite thing about the beautiful outdoors is the insects
  • I decided to pick a Life brand product, a brand that is exclusive to this drugstore chain, because it was on sale and it was the only one I had not already tried
  • It doesn’t claim to smell good, but it does have Deet, which I know from experience is the chemical that works well on insects, and it also contains aloe vera, which usually means it is gentle on skin
  • The price of $4.99 for a medium-sized spray bottle was about half of the other brands, so I bought it and put it in my fishing backpack

• by Jessie Bahrey

Summer is my favourite season, and I love being able to enjoy outdoor activities after being cooped up inside all winter. But my very least favourite thing about the beautiful outdoors is the insects; although I hate bugs and being bitten or stung by them, I also hate insect repellent because it smells terrible-no wonder the bugs don’t come near when you have it on! However, it is a necessary evil, especially since I spend a lot of time fishing, hiking, golfing and running in some pretty remote areas that are full of mosquitoes, flies, and other pests.

I have had a love-hate relationship with most brands I have tried, and some of them I do not even believe work at all, and smell so horrible that I just want to shower it off. Thankfully, I finally found a product that works well and smells good-really good, not just less terrible.

I ran out of the insect repellent I had last week, so I needed to find some soon as we were planning on going fishing soon. I drove to Shoppers Drug Mart in Calgary and looked at my options. There were quite a few, and some even claimed to have a nice scent. I decided to pick a Life brand product, a brand that is exclusive to this drugstore chain, because it was on sale and it was the only one I had not already tried. It doesn’t claim to smell good, but it does have Deet, which I know from experience is the chemical that works well on insects, and it also contains aloe vera, which usually means it is gentle on skin. The price of $4.99 for a medium-sized spray bottle was about half of the other brands, so I bought it ...

• Life brand Insect Repellent
      and put it in my fishing backpack.

Last weekend, we found an ATV trail close to a river, in the middle of nowhere, and we saw swarms of insects, especially mosquitoes-and they really were nearly as big as hummingbirds. I got out the insect repellent and sprayed myself down, and prepared for the stinging eyes and horrible odor. I was shocked, but this product actually smells good-and by good, I don’t mean bearable, but it smells like body mist fragrances. Since it smelt so good, and actually didn’t sting the skin either, I then began to doubt that this

would work to keep the insects away. By the time I had made my first cast, I was a believer. My husband hadn’t put any on yet, as he was busy tying flies, and he was swatting at the mosquitoes immediately. I was completely ignored by them. He sprayed himself down right away, and we both realized this product really works. It also kept working all day, even after we were splashing around in the water. Life brand Insect Repellent works better than any other product I have ever tried, it is far less expensive, and best of all, it smells good.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532406736961030/k2311a0624/6.24.09