Little Debbie Cherry Cordials  » Food  »
1.5
  • Now the reason I simply consider these cookies to be decent and nothing more is because really, the only part of this cookie that has a good, rich and satisfying flavor to it is the cherry creme filling
  • The chocolate fudge is so-so, although it certainly could have been more delicious and rich in flavor and the vanilla cookies are tasteless

• by GenesisOne

I find these Little Debbie Cherry Cordials to be decent, although nothing truly incredible. This snack consists of vanilla cookies that are coated in chocolate fudge and have cherry creme in the middle.

a good, rich and satisfying flavor to it is the cherry creme filling.

The filling tastes quite authentic and the flavor really brings my taste buds to life.

However, aside from the cherry filling, there is nothing else about this cookie that stands out for me.

The chocolate fudge is so-so, although it certainly could have been more ...

• delicious and rich in flavor and the vanilla cookies are tasteless.

Somehow, the vanilla flavor got lost or maybe it is because that chocolate and cherry simply have stronger flavors that the vanilla flavor is missing in action.

As for the size of these cookies, they are a little on the small side, but eight do come in

a package and at a good prize too.

These are only available around the month of December, although they can sometimes be found in late November and early January.

All in all, I doubt that I will be purchasing these again because aside from the rich cherry flavor, there is nothing else to get excited about over this cookie.

Hal says :

My family loves the little Debbie Cherry Cordials and we wait all year for the cherry cakes to come out and for the past two years including this year the Cherry Cordials are not fresh and moist like they were in the previous years. The cakes on the shelves are dated Dec. 9 thru 11 2013 and they are not fresh by any means, very dry and hard. Other flavors of Little Debbie cakes are fresh and moist with a good flavor. We will continue to purchase the cakes especially our favorite the Cherry flavor.

Joanna says :

Hi,

I love these too, I have had the same problems with some of them being hard. I discovered that the boxes at the very back of the shelf are the freshest. When I buy these little cakes, I usually move the first two or three boxes before taking some for my cart. I know it probably isn’t very considerate, but they are so good that it is worth it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272406736951030/k2311a0624/6.24.09