Huawei U120 phone  » Phones  »
  • I like the design, it’s black with a silver screen edge and keyboard
  • It has a 1.3 MP camera that is definitely sub-standard as the picture resolution is poor and the video is average

• by ozzymandes

I’ve had this phone for a while now and it’s really a mixed bag. I got it for free as part of my ISP’s special offer of internet, tv and phone subscription. I like the design, it’s black with a silver screen edge and keyboard.

It fills good in your hand as it has a small size and is pretty thin. Besides a standard joystick and keyboard it offers special keys for opening the music player and for tuning the volume on

the side.

I installed a 4GB micro SD card because it has just 8MB of memory which barely fits an mp3 song. Inserting a micro SD card is easy because it has a small side panel.

The only trouble I had was with inserting the SIM card as the back cover is extremely hard to remove without using a tool, as such you can still see the tool marks on the back. It has a 1.

3 MP camera that is definitely sub-standard ...

• as the picture resolution is poor and the video is average. What I really like about it is that it uses a standard mini usb cable to transfer data.

My micro SD card appears as a flash drive in Windows and I even tested it in Linux(Ubuntu) and it works great. Besides I can use the mini usb cable instead of a charger which is definitely easier to carry around.

I use it mainly as a secondary phone and for data and

music storage. The sound quality is good as long as you don’t turn the volume up too much.

With a decent pair of headphones it does get better but not by much. It’s 3G capable but so far my network did not implement this feature on this model.

The battery lasts me quite allot almost 4 days with about 20 minutes talk time per day. It’s a basic phone by today’s standards but if you only use it as a phone without other features its decent.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 372406736670930/k2311a0624/6.24.09