Sanuk Women’s Sidewalk Surfers
  • I managed to dirty my pair up, though, shortly after purchasing them when I decided to wear them with anything, every single time I'd leave home
  • Then I have this issue on the Whisper design

• by erato

Sanuk’s award winning Sidewalk Surfer (Spring 2009) collection flaunts a line of funky designs to cover most girly & not-too-girly girl’s tastes. I own the Scribble design (in sand) mainly because of the red outlined heart stitched at the tip of the shoe. Cute. I managed to dirty my pair up, though, shortly after purchasing them when I decided to wear them with anything, every single time I’d leave home. I’m still at it. Pretty much parked all my other shoes and sandals and got too comfortable with my Sanuk. They’re not shoes, you see (that’s what their

ads say), they feel like walking in socks– structured socks– with a sturdy rubber base.

My Sanuk’s light weight, trendy, easy to walk in and even easier to appreciate. When I started wearing Sanuk, it just became harder and harder to go back to rubber shoes, heels and ballet flats. Now, I’m constantly on the look out for more fashionable looking shoes that don’t resemble the brilliant Sanuk but are just as comfortable.

With my Sidewalk Surfers, comfort is key. No doubt about it — whoever thought of the Surfers’ design was most concerned about how Sanuk would feel ...

• when used for long distance walking. Feels like surfing. On concrete.

Sanuk is made of two main materials: cloth for the top and rubber for the base. If you’re allergic to rosin, use cloth foot pad insoles because the Sidewalk Surfers are still worth the purchase. There are a number of designs to choose from. They’re available in solid colors, some tie dye type “summer-o-love” designs, a variety of prints, plaids, stripes…

Not everything wonderful is without faults though… the cloth top of my Sanuk now has a couple of holes in it where my big and middle toes

are located. Yes, they’re because of my toenails but let’s not discount the fact that the top is made of (slightly) thin cloth material, making them easy to bore holes in.

Then I have this issue on the “Whisper” design. I still don’t get how eyelets made it to my summer shoe of choice. I was told, however, that there is indeed a market for the eyelet design… let me guess: my mom? :)

I’m considering purchasing another pair in “Donna Hemp Black” — looks like it will match jeans and shorts perfectly. I’d say 2,290 pesos is well worth my next purchase.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 552406736630930/k2311a0624/6.24.09