American Dreamz  » Movies  »
  • In the end of the movie though, things take a strange and yet morbidly humorous twist which I think lovers of dark comedy will adore
  • I recommend this movie to those who like comedy films and possibly even comedy fans who are familiar with the television show American Idol
  • However, I would not recommend it to Hugh Grant's romance movie fans as they might be very disappointed that it has very little romance in it

• by Redtape

I never saw this movie advertising to be released in movie theatres so I’m not completely sure even now when it came out. However, I remember that the first time I saw it was when it was advertising to premiere on a cable television channe. Even then I didn’t pay much attention to it since one of the main characters was played by the actor Hugh Grant and I was used to seeing the actor Hugh Grant in romance movies, which I

have never cared for. However, one Saturday I saw my brother watching it and decided to watch it with him and I realised that it wasn’t a romance movie and that I actually liked the film.

A part from being a comedy, if one watches the movie American Dreamz they will immediately recognise that it is actually a parody of the American hit television series “American Idol” where various individuals compete in singing and performance. The movie follows several contestants from several different ...

• backgrounds as well as the highly dysfunctional president of the United States (Dennis QUaid) and the host Martin Tweed (Hugh Grant). The main contestants consists of a small town “all American” girl named Sally (Mandy Moore) who has a boyfriend in Iraq, Omer Obeidi (Sam Golzari) is from Iraq where a terrorist organization instruct him to become one of the finalists for American Dreamz so that he could be a suicide bomber and kill the president of the United States, as well
        as a Jewish guy known for his highly sexual lyrics. In the end of the movie though, things take a strange and yet morbidly humorous twist which I think lovers of dark comedy will adore.

I recommend this movie to those who like comedy films and possibly even comedy fans who are familiar with the television show American Idol. However, I would not recommend it to Hugh Grant’s romance movie fans as they might be very disappointed that it has very little romance in it.

American Dreamz

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112406736250830/k2311a0624/6.24.09