Lan Kwai Fong, Hong Kong
Central District, Hong Kong
  • What I like about it is that it occupies a tiny block in Central, giving you so many options without tiring you out
  • Most staff in the bars speak English so there’s no problem with ordering drinks
  • In any case, I recommend Lan Kwai Fong for all you folks who want to party without the language barrier

• by tsimon

Lan Kwai Fong is Hong Kong’s nightlife party area. I’ve been here lots of times, entertaining friends and family who visit Hong Kong. What I like about it is that it occupies a tiny block in Central, giving you so many options without tiring you out.

We often find a spot at Agave, a tex-mex themed resto and bar.

But there’s also a bar that has a live band, and a handful of English pubs.

One other place we tried out was decked out old lounge style and played classic 80’s music. We didn’t mind the music as we were more into catching up with old friends and getting hammered.

Another thing I like about this place is ...

• the crowd, which is a mix of expats, business travelers, and the more party-hardy locals. Hence, you’re never short of English speakers.

Most staff in the bars speak English so there’s no problem with ordering drinks. A Chinese Elvis impersonator haunts this place, giving folks something to talk about.

And he won’t mind playing a swingy tune for you,

too. This place can get really crowded on major holidays, like Chinese New Year.

Halloween saw such a large crowd that people blocked traffic up to the tram stations. We were planning to go that evening but reports from friends made us change our minds.

In any case, I recommend Lan Kwai Fong for all you folks who want to party without the language barrier.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 592406736020830/k2311a0624/6.24.09