Maybelline Expertwear Eye Shadow  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • I have tried the expensive, designer brand makeup (usually in gifts with purchase promotions), and I have never been impressed enough with the quality or colours to pay four or five times more for these items than the lower-end brands
  • I have used most of the brands from time to time, and I don’t ever have a particular favourite-I usually make my selection based on a new colour that I want to try, and then I pick based on price after the colour
  • Disappointed, the next day I tried using just the darker tone all over the eyelid, and I put it on much thicker than I normally would

• by Jessie Bahrey

I am not a big makeup wearer, but when I am going to work or going out, I usually put on a bit of eye shadow and lip gloss at least. While I do like high-end skincare products, I never buy makeup anywhere except at a drugstore. I have tried the expensive, designer brand makeup (usually in gifts with purchase promotions), and I have never been impressed enough with the quality or colours to pay four or five times more for these items than the lower-end brands.

after the colour. Using this process, I recently picked up Maybelline Expertwear Eye Shadow in the ‘in’ colour of the season, purple-or more accurately, ‘lasting lilac’ which contains two purple colours, one light and one darker.

It was inexpensive, at $3. 99, and I have used Maybelline products before and they are no better or worse than any other brands I have tried.

Next time I wore eye shadow, I tried the new purple shade. I applied it as I always do, with the lighter colour over the lid and the darker colour in the crease.

It looked pretty good and complimented my eyes. The colour was a bit brighter than I am used to, as normally I only wear neutrals like brown shades.

Well, much to my disappointment,

• this eye shadow did not last through the entire day; in fact, by noon, just 5 hours after I applied it, the colour was almost completely worn off except for the darker shade, which remained in just a strip in the crease, which actually looked silly. Disappointed, the next day I tried using just the darker tone all over the eyelid, and I put it on much thicker than I normally would.

In fact, for the first time, instead of my eye shadow blending in and looking like I wasn’t wearing makeup at all, this time it looked far too bright for my face. Never one to give up, I again tried the eye shadow, just the light colour and then another time, both of them.

Each

time I tried it, it did not last more than a few hours, and ended up creasing or streaking. I even tried the tips I read about in magazines, such as putting face powder on your eyelid first, or dipping the eye shadow brush in saline solution first.

While both these methods seemed to make the eye shadow last slightly longer, it was a pain in the butt, and not really worth all that effort, just for eye shadow. I ended up throwing the product out, the first time I have ever done that.

So, although Maybelline Expertwear Eye Shadow is very inexpensive, it does not last, and I would be willing to pay a bit more for an eye shadow that looks good and stays on your eyes!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312406735760830/k2311a0624/6.24.09