Belgrove Hotel London  » Hotels  »
1-3 Belgrove St, Camden, London WC1H, UK
  • Yet, while it was nowhere near the most luxurious hotel in London, I was definitely satisfied with my stay at the Belgrove Hotel
  • With no question, the best part about our stay was the full English breakfast that was offered every morning
  • Delicious, and totally makes up for any doubts you might have about the place
  • We enjoyed our breakfast every morning despite the early hours that it was offered
  • If you keep in mind that you get what you pay for, you will not be disappointed

• by katieb

At such a low price and small, bustling location, I admit I was very wary about the quality and service that this hotel could offer. Yet, while it was nowhere near the most luxurious hotel in London, I was definitely satisfied with my stay at the Belgrove Hotel.

The building is a bit daunting at first, as it has extremely narrow hallways, low ceilings, and steep, creeking stairways. My boyfriend, being 6′4″ had to duck under the hanging light fixtures and under stairways.

Our first stay was on the bottom floor, with a very small room and a television that picked up about 4 channels. It felt very private, as we did not come face to face with any other travelers (though we did have the pleasure of hearing our neighbors having some fun in the middle of the night), and definitely served our needs.

Our second visit was on the top floor, in a bigger and nicer room with a better tv and window overlooking ...

• the street below. We only stayed there one night during this visit, and I was sorry to leave.

With no question, the best part about our stay was the full English breakfast that was offered every morning. The dining room is very small and we saw some other patrons having to wait in line to have a seat, but it’s definitely worth it. We’re talking buffet-style eggs (scrambled and over easy), bacon, sausage, beans, tomatoes, toast, and coffee. Delicious, and totally makes

up for any doubts you might have about the place. We enjoyed our breakfast every morning despite the early hours that it was offered. We even made it out of bed on our hungover days to be sure and get our breakfast.

The Belgrove Hotel is nowhere near fancy or lavish, but it was shelter, a bed, and great food–all that you really need on a budget trip. If you keep in mind that you get what you pay for, you will not be disappointed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22406735710730/k2311a0624/6.24.09