Fantasia Barrino (American Idol Winner)  » People  »
1.5
    • Item: Fantasia Barrino (American Idol Winner) Location: by: Famous

When Fantasia Barrino perched herself upon the floor and gave her own rendition of “Summertime”, tears almost welled up in my eyes. Her voice was so rich and strong. And her delivery was positively flawless.

Everyone in the audience was flabbergasted. And I truly believe that it was that performance etched nto America’s brain, that sealed the deal for her final victory.

At any rate, Fantasia Barrino has moved on since Idol and has released her first album. Several songs have played on the radio.

And I must say that I am NOT impressed. The songs she’s singing are trite, and the production is mediocre at best.

I would have thought that someone who has a distinctive voice like hers would have production to compliment what she can do.

• Fantasia Barrino (American Idol Winner)
      But everything that I’ve heard her do since winning sounds screechy, and I can barely stand it.

Her song “Baby Mama” was an anthem for many women who claimed to be single mothers. The song is supposed to be a tribute to the hearts and souls of

those women.

But I personally find it offensive. I’ve never liked the term “Baby’s Mama”, because it sounds so impersonal and trivial.

Even though her message in the song is honorable, the effort is clouded by a vernacular that implies something cheap and base. I had hoped for more for Fantasia.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 52270773500931/k2311a0727/7.27.06