The Healing Force - Family Education Troupe
  • It was called a drum circle and I really did not know what to expect but it was free and a program that I thought the kids would enjoy

• by GardenOfKnowledge

I had a chance yesterday to attend a free program at the Mocksville Library in Davie County. It was called a “drum circle” and I really did not know what to expect but it was free and a program that I thought the kids would enjoy.

I was surprised to see

how many people were there, there were about 35 children and 15 adults.

There was a circle of chairs in the front of the room and the “Healing Force” began a program teaching the children how much of their hands to use on the drums to create either a base, tone or ...

• high pitched sound (I don’t remember what they called it).

The children got to play drums that the Healing Force brought with them and really had a good time.

Given the number of children, they did an impressive job of keeping them focused.

I really liked the fact that they

were a family working together, it’s rare to see that and you can tell with the synergy that they have been doing that well for some time.

I would have probably preferred that the program was a little longer but that was me as an adult, I’m sure the timing was perfect for the kids.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 592306734950430/k2311a0623/6.23.09