Hostess Fruit Pies - French Apple  » Food  »
2.0
  • Another problem that this pie has is a problem that all Hostess fruit pies have
  • In my opinion, they both stink and I certainly do not recommend either one

• by GenesisOne

Just like the apple variety, the french apple pie made by Hostess is truly nothing to get excited about at all. Just as the apple variety boasted a somewhat artificial flavor as well as a dull apple flavor, this french apple variety does exactly the same thing. This is not at all taste like any apple

pie that I have ever had in my life, and I have had quite a few apple pies and variations on apple pies! Another problem that this pie has is a problem that all Hostess fruit pies have: a terribly tasteless and boring crust that contributes nothing at all to the overall flavor of the pie.

• It is a shame too, because this pie needs flavor! Heating it up in the microwave does help a little, but really, not nearly enough. The crust becomes a little softer and the french apple filling becomes a little richer, but most certainly not enough to justify another purchase of this french apple pie. To me,
        I cannot see or taste the difference between the french apple pie and the apple pie varieties. In my opinion, they both stink and I certainly do not recommend either one. If you are someone that likes apples or apple pie, do what I do, and just stick to the good old fashioned, tried and true, apple pie!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272306734860430/k2311a0623/6.23.09