Hostess Fruit Pies - Pineapple  » Food  »
  • The crust of this pie is just plain blah and boring
  • I definitely like this pie variety better than the apple and cherry varieties as those two both feature flavors that are not very well represented in their respective pies

• by GenesisOne

Now here is sort of an oddball flavor that you do not see too much of, especially compared with apple and cherry! I find these Hostess Fruit Pies - Pineapple variety to be decent, although still somewhat disappointing. The crust of this pie is just plain blah and boring.

It serves no other purpose to

keep the pineapple filling from falling out.

It does not actually contribute to the taste or enjoyment of the pie, when really, it should! On actual pies, crust can actually be something to look forward to as I am eating the pie and enhance the flavor of the pie.

Not with this kind of pie,

• apparently.

As for the pineapple filling, it actually tastes pretty good.

The flavor does remind me of pineapple and it does not taste overly artificial.

It tastes even better if I stick it in the microwave and heat it up for a short while.

Then I have hot pineapple pie! Heating it up even helps

with the crust a little bit.

I definitely like this pie variety better than the apple and cherry varieties as those two both feature flavors that are not very well represented in their respective pies.

I will most likely purchase this pie variety again.

I just wish that they would do something about this lackluster and plain crust!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272306734830430/k2311a0623/6.23.09