Hostess Mini Muffins Chocolate Chip  » Food  »
0.5
  • It did help some when I heated the muffins up in the microwave, but not nearly enough in my opinion
  • I know that some of the other varieties of Hostess mini muffins are not as bad as this variety, although they certainly are not exceptional by any means, either
  • All in all, I recommend that these mini muffins be avoided

• by GenesisOne

I did not care for these Hostess Mini Muffins Chocolate Chip variety because not only did I find these mini muffins to be on the dry side and even somewhat stale, but the chocolate chip flavor was not that rich really. If anything, the chocolate chip flavor seemed to be on the dull, side.

It did

help some when I heated the muffins up in the microwave, but not nearly enough in my opinion.

The chocolate did taste a tad richer and the muffins were softer, but nonetheless, that underlying, dull and somewhat stale flavor remained alive and well, unable to be killed by the heat produced by the microwave.

Maybe I ...

• just was unlucky and perhaps I just picked up a box that had been sitting on the grocery store shelf for too long.

I know that some of the other varieties of Hostess mini muffins are not as bad as this variety, although they certainly are not exceptional by any means, either.

All in all, I

recommend that these mini muffins be avoided.

Little Debbie makes muffins that are truly delicious on a number of levels and I highly recommend those over these.

These mini-muffins, I will most certainly not be purchasing a second time because not only are they bad, but compared to the muffins sold by Little Debbie, they are downright pitiful.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272306734770330/k2311a0623/6.23.09