Lipton Green Tea with Citrus  » Food  »
0.5
  • I bought the large pack of 12 plastic bottles which are totally recycleable
  • The cost was five dollars at a local discount store
  • It has citrus added but I think they must have used rotten lemons for the additive because it tasted like sickly sweet old oranges and maybe even a little like beer that had been flat for a couple of days

• by KJ hamnik

Well, I finally broke down, on doctor’s orders and started drinking Green Tea. I tried a couple of brands and then I tried Lipton’s. I’ve been drinking other Lipton teas all of my life so I figured their Green Tea would be a good bet. My doctor told me that adding Green Tea to my diet would not only help me lose some extra weight but it has other benefits as well, not the least of which is fighting off cancer. It won’t stop it or cure it but it may help to prevent some forms of cancer.

I bought the large pack of 12 plastic bottles which are totally

recycleable. The cost was five dollars at a local discount store. This was, by the way, a major discount. I shopped around and my local grocery store had this same product for nearly double the price.

I put the entire twelve pack into the frige and waited to the next day: tea hot is fine, tea cold is fine but tea lukewarm is just not okay. I am one of those particular people who need my drinks to be either hot or cold.

The next day I got up and drank my first bottle of Lipton Green Tea and nearly gagged to death. It is by far the most ...

• acrid, disgusting, empty watery taste I’ve ever tried by far. It left a taste in my mouth that was only erased by breakfast and tooth brushing.

I waited a few hours and the thought occurred to me that I could perhaps mix it into something else — something stronger like coffee. So I poured a cup of fresh coffee and used the Green Tea to cool the coffee a little. My first sip was my last. I dumped out that cup of coffee on my way to go brush my teeth again.

The flavor is not unlike what you would expect of heavily watered down dirt mixed with lemon scented cleanser.

It is absolutly the most disgusting taste I’ve ever tried.

It has citrus added but I think they must have used rotten lemons for the additive because it tasted like sickly sweet old oranges and maybe even a little like beer that had been flat for a couple of days. I think I’m going to have to donate the rest of the bottles to charity. I couldn’t possibly drink this stuff again.

Until someone comes up with an acceptable taste for Green Tea I’ll not be trying it again. And I’m not to sure I’ll drink any Lipton product again, not for a long time anyway. Absolutly gross.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272106734040130/k2311a0621/6.21.09