Death of a Stranger movie  » Movies  »
2.0
  • So, if you're an Inspector Barnaby fan, I suppose I would recommend it just because you're a Tom Barnaby fan, but otherwise I would suggest that you skip over this film

• by jollsjlupin

I am reviewing the murder mystery movie, Death of a Stranger, starring John Nettles and Daniel Casey as Chief Inspector Barnaby and Detective Sergeant Gavin Troy. This film was made in 1999, was produced by Brian-True-May, and is based off the novel written by Caroline Graham.

In this film, Chief Inspector Barnaby is away on a rare holiday, and his replacement is a man

by the name of Ron Pringle, who is soon to be retired.

During his holiday, a murder takes place in the village, in the form of a tramp who had his residence in the woods.

Various people become suspects, especially because there had been a local hunt going on at the time of the murder, but Pringle seems determined to pin the murder on a ...

• troublesome young man, who has a tendency to be lippy with him.

When Barnaby becomes involved, however, and another murder takes place, he thinks the wrong person is in jail.

I honestly didn’t much care for this movie.

There are so many better Barnaby movies out there.

This one is simply ok, in my opinion.

The murder mystery just isn’t as thrilling

as others.

Too much time is spent with the other actors, and not enough with Nettles and Casey.

There wasn’t enough intrigue in this movie to keep me interested.

I, in fact, found myself bored almost immediately.

So, if you’re an Inspector Barnaby fan, I suppose I would recommend it just because you’re a Tom Barnaby fan, but otherwise I would suggest that you skip over this film.

roma van demark says :

re : So, if you’re an Inspector Barnaby fan, I suppose I would recommend it just because you’re a Tom Barnaby fan, but otherwise I would suggest that you skip over this film
    I agree that this is one you can skip. It dosnt capture your attentions at all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112106734030130/k2311a0621/6.21.09