Buster Boy: iPhone/iPod Touch Game  » Games  »
  • Because it really is such a good game to just pick up and play on the go, I thought I'd let the reader know about it, since you've probably never heard of the game
  • I'd recommend it to anybody looking for a cheap way to find some quick entertainment
  • I'm a big supporter of indie devs of the app store who put a lot of work into their apps, and I believe their work should be paid off, especially if they create a high quality, polished piece of entertainment like Buster Boy
  • There are lots of other games that could really use a global leaderboard, so I was happy to see one with Buster Boy
  • For ninety-nine cents, I'd definitely at least give it a shot, I doubt you'll regret it

• by CDubby

Buster Boy from Yotta Digital is a relatively unknown game, but is VERY addicting and entertaining. Because it really is such a good game to just pick up and play on the go, I thought I’d let the reader know about it, since you’ve probably never heard of the game. I’d recommend it to anybody looking for a cheap way to find some quick entertainment.

Buster Boy is extremely challenging and takes a lot of getting used to before you can really get good at it. The point of the game is to get rid of the balls on the screen by breaking them up into smaller and smaller pieces until they’re gone by tapping the screen to send a rope up that breaks any ball it touches. You

can lose health, gain health and powerups and other extras you’d expect from an arcade game like this, but in the end it’s pretty difficult to get a good score. Fast reflexes and quick thinking is key when trying to do well at Buster Boy.

I’m a big supporter of indie devs of the app store who put a lot of work into their apps, and I believe their work should be paid off, especially if they create a high quality, polished piece of entertainment like Buster Boy. It’s a shame this game didn’t get too popular, because I can almost guarantee you if you put some time into getting good at the game, you’ll really start to enjoy it.

The music is light and upbeat and fits well with ...

• the game, and the graphics are arcadey and decent. The sound of the rope going up in the air can get really repetitive and annoying however, but that’s only a small complaint. The biggest thing Buster Boy needs is a pause option. Games can get a little long and the player may have to stop for a second to pick up a phone, talk to someone, etc., but he or she won’t have that option will have to lose the game since there’s no way of pausing. Besides that, the whole set up of the game is well thought out, it gives you a chance to succeed but makes it challenging enough to give you a feeling of satisfaction when you do well with it. The game has
        a global leaderboard, which is awesome because you can see how you rank against other players. There are lots of other games that could really use a global leaderboard, so I was happy to see one with Buster Boy. Oh, and by the way I’m fifth in the world at this game!

Overall, I’d have to say this game took effort to put together and may not be for everyone. It takes some practice to get used to, which the casual gamer may not like. For me, I really enjoyed getting better and better at the game, and I’m happy I found out about it because it’s provided a few hours of entertainment at least. For ninety-nine cents, I’d definitely at least give it a shot, I doubt you’ll regret it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 282106733910130/k2311a0621/6.21.09