Little Debbie Dessert Cakes - Chocolate  » Food  »
1.5
  • The chocolate flavor is simply not as delicious and authentic as I would like it to be and that really does impact my enjoyment of these dessert cakes

• by GenesisOne

I find these Little Debbie Dessert Cakes - Chocolate to be a little on the bland side. The reason I find them to be bland is because the chocolate cake just does not seem all that rich or moist, really.

The chocolate flavor is simply not as delicious

and authentic as I would like it to be and that really does impact my enjoyment of these dessert cakes.

Now the buttercream frosting is pretty rich and full of flavor! It has a sweet, but not overly sweet, taste to it and it really helps save these dessert cakes from being a real disappointment.

There is a chocolate swirl topping on top of the buttercream frosting, although much like the chocolate cake itself, it really does not have a whole lot of flavor.

These dessert cakes are a good size and I always warm them ...

• Little Debbie Dessert Cakes - Chocolate
      up in the microwave for a very short amount of time so that they are nice and warm when I am ready to eat them.

The price is a little high for these dessert cakes, and as I said, you only get a total of six.

Since I

do not care for the dulled chocolate flavor of these dessert cakes, I will not be purchasing them a second time.

It is a shame that the chocolate was not as rich and delicious as the buttercream frosting, otherwise these dessert cakes would most certainly be worth the money!

Every Day s A Party says :

re : The chocolate flavor is simply not as delicious and authentic as I would like it to be and that really does impact my enjoyment of these dessert cakes
What would you do for a Little Debbie Dessert Cake in Chocolate? These are fast desserts to stock in the pantry, and dip well in melted chocolate for an easy birthday treat that looks so special when topped with a few berries or slices of chocolate-dipped fruit. These treats are easy to slice and fill with some real chocolate if you keep them in the refrigerator. It’s a quick and easy dessert, that’s just right for picky eaters, and thanks to modern additives and preservatives, they last for months in the cabinet or the fridge. Everyone goes yum, the stuff looks great, everyone gets a few mouthfuls of chocolate on this enormous dessert, and nobody asks for seconds.

I really do enjoy mixing them up with bird seed and making sort of a suet cake out of them more than just about anything.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272106733721230/k2311a0621/6.21.09