Samsung DVD-V8600
  • I bought this Samsung DVD-V8600 because I wanted to have a player for my DVDs as well as my VHS tapes
  • This player is nice because it allows you to play both your DVD and your VHS tapes without any problem
  • I think this manual is very useful when you are setting up DVD, VCR combo
  • I have been very happy with this particular recorder and find it amazing that it is able to perform so many functions
  • It was purchased at Costco for around one hundred dollars to the best of my recollection

• by snowy

Samsung DVD-V8600 is the player I have in my bedroom. I bought this Samsung DVD-V8600 because I wanted to have a player for my DVDs as well as my VHS tapes. I still have some VHS tapes around and did not want to relegate them to the scrap heap.

This player is nice because it allows you to play both your DVD and your VHS

tapes without any problem. The manual that comes with this player includes both operations for the DVD and the VHS player. It tells you how you can use both of them to play both VHS tapes and DVD’s. It includes step by step instructions for both.

It includes troubleshooting and and repair for the DVD and the VCR.

I think this manual is ...

• very useful when you are setting up DVD, VCR combo. It includes instructions as to changing the language and how to set the recording speed. It also includes instructions as to how to set the timer recorder on the device.

The manual shows you how to change the camera angle and how to add subtitles to your broadcast. I have been very happy with

this particular recorder and find it amazing that it is able to perform so many functions. It has been free of mechanical defects and something that I plan to use for many years to come. I would recommend this Samsung DVD-V8600 DVD VHS recorder for anyone planning on buying such a device. It was purchased at Costco for around one hundred dollars to the best of my recollection.

Todd Dunaway says :

My player is plugged in to a power strip with a surge protector, but it will not turn on. I have a dish receiver and a TV plugged in to the same strip, and they work fine. Any suggestions?

Jules Li says :

You should first make sure that the power button is being pressed in. A few of the parts that could be causing the problem include the board and the fuse. However, I would suggest contacting Samsung to have it serviced or replaced if you’re under warranty. You want to avoid voiding the warranty.

Galega says :

The dish receiver and TV is working fine with the same strip and hence it is quite clear that there isn’t any problem with the power input or surge protector. The problem lies with your DVD. First of all, remove it from the surge protector and use an independent socket and see if it is getting ON or not. If not, then there is some internal problem which can also be related to the motherboard. In that case, you should call the Samsung service center and let them troubleshoot it. Don’t open the player on your own.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162006732980330/k2311a0620/6.20.09