Folly Inn, Whippingham  » Restaurants  »
Folly Lane, Folly Road, East Cowes, Whippingham, Isle of Wight PO32 6NB
  • We had plenty of bread, olives, some parfait, onion marmalade/pickle, piccalilli, and a huge baked Camembert which was absolutely delicious
  • I would definitely go - out of my way - to go there again

• by endymion78

This is a great pub that also does very good food. It’s really tucked away, at the end of a long winding lane in Whippingham - hardly somewhere you would end up at on impulse in passing, you certainly have to know it is there.

Which is probably why I liked it so much.

You get the impression it’s

a best kept secret for the locals whom frequent the pub for drinks or dinner.

The location is - as you’d expect - very quiet and - as you may not have anticipated - quite beautiful.

It’s in a leafy green area right beside the estuary, with a few jetty’s leading out to private yachts and fishing boats ...

• moored along the stretch of water.

The pub has a huge beer garden - it stretches round from the back, right along the front by the water to the side where there are a large number of picnic benches.

We sat outside and found it extremely relaxing.

We also ate at the pub.

Everyone in our group seemed very

pleased with their food - at least they were all very quiet, which was highly unusual.

I shared a side salad, and a platter with a friend - this was great.

We had plenty of bread, olives, some parfait, onion marmalade/pickle, piccalilli, and a huge baked Camembert which was absolutely delicious.

I would definitely go - out of my way - to go there again.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72006732880230/k2311a0620/6.20.09