Six Flags Great America (Chicago, Illinois)  » Entertainment  »
1 Great America Parkway Gurnee, Illinois 60031
  • Personally, I have been to Six Flags Great America at least five times, and I have thoroughly enjoyed myself each and every time
  • These rides offer the most thrill, in my opinion
  • If visiting Six Flags Great America, I suggest you visit on a week day (such as Tuesday or Wednesday)
  • Also, I would recommend one go to Fright Fest at Great America (usually October-November)

• by The Wizard

Six Flags Great America is the largest amusement park in Chicagoland. Containing over fifty rollercoasters and rides, it is a great choice for a family outing, a party, or even just a day of thrills. Personally, I have been to Six Flags Great America at least five times, and I have thoroughly enjoyed myself each and every time.

The park is easy to get to, is pretty clean, and has many exciting rollercoasters. The must-ride rollercoasters include Raging Bull, Batman, Vertical Velocity, and the Yankee Clipper.

These

rides offer the most thrill, in my opinion. Rides such as Iron Wolf and the Giant Drop aren’t as great, and are not worth the waiting lines in my opinion.

If visiting Six Flags Great America, I suggest you visit on a week day (such as Tuesday or Wednesday). Weekends are crowded, and you can only fit in a few rides for the day.

It is to your benefit to go on a day that isn’t busy, as you will be able to enjoy more rides. Also,

• I would suggest that you try and eat outside the park as much as possible.

Eating and drinking inside the park is very expensive, and with the price of tickets so high, it would be very possible that you spend over $60 per person throughout the day. The pros of Great America is that it is the only large theme park in Chicagoland, it contains great rides, and it has a new, fun waterpark attached to the main theme park.

A few cons of Great America is

that the ticket prices are high (to be expected with large theme parks), the food is costly (and often not that good), and they don’t really have many new rides. All in all, though, I would suggest that a family/group of friends try the park at least once.

Oh! Also, I would recommend one go to Fright Fest at Great America (usually October-November). Usually one can get discounted tickets, and if the weather is nice, the Halloween themed park is a lot of fun.

Happy thrill seeking!

natasia beyer says :

Are you aloud to bring cameras to sox flags great america?

Jules Li says :

Natasia, you are able to bring them in, but they are not allowed on the rides.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 592006732520230/k2311a0620/6.20.09