Dead Like Me: My Room  » TV  »
2.5
  • In ways, I was disappointed in Dead Like Me
  • There is an interesting scene where Rube (Mandy Potinkin) meets Joy at the doctor's office

• by Orrymain

In ways, I was disappointed in Dead Like Me: My Room because the advancement of the mother and daughter storyline that had begun two episodes back more or less went down the tubes here. I just didn’t like the downward spiral that was continuing here

between Joy and Reggie. Cynthia Stevenson plays Joy, the bother of Reggie and the undead’s grim reaper, George. She does quite well, but I liked her better in Men in Trees.

Dead Like Me: My Room introduces the replacement for the Betty character. It’s a blonde bombshell type named Daisy, played by Laura Harris. Personally, I preferred Rebecca Gayheart, who had much more dimension in her portrayal of Betty.

There is a lot of attention paid to Joy and Reggie and the fact that they pull out some of George’s ...

• Dead Like Me: My Room
      things from the boxes they’d been stored in. Joy, who hasn’t been the world’s best mom, is really trying, and it’s frustrating to see Reggie’s abnormal behavior just continue to go nowhere. The girl needs a psychiatrist.

There is an interesting scene where Rube (Mandy

Potinkin) meets Joy at the doctor’s office. He’s there to do some grim reaping, and the two end up talking about her children. I’m not really sure if he was aware he was talking to George’s mother or not. It was intriguing to watch, though.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102006732270130/k2311a0620/6.20.09