Dead Like Me: Dead Girl Walking  » TV  »
  • I'm not much into the sister's peculiarities at this point, but depending on where they take it, it could become interesting
  • I don't know yet whether I like this show or not

• by Orrymain

Dead Like Me: Dead Girl Walking is the second episode of this rather offbeat drama from the Showtime Channel. It’s all about Georgia ‘George’ Lass, who was killed and is now undead and a grim reaper.

This basically furthers the storyline. George wonders what might happen if she just refused to be a grim reaper. Would a person really

die or would their turn be forfeited? She rolls the dice on this one, avoiding her fellow grim reapers and not making her appointment. The result wasn’t what she’d hope for. Reluctantly, she realizes she has to go along with this game of death, even if she doesn’t want to.

At the same time, her family continues to try ...

• and move on with their lives. Her sister is doing odd things like toilets, all because that’s what killed George. It’s a long story, but the answer is in the pilot. There was really no connect, though, between this story and George’s plot, so it felt like two different shows. I’m not much into the sister’s peculiarities
        at this point, but depending on where they take it, it could become interesting.

Dead Like Me: Dead Girl Walking is like a development show for me. The verdict is still out. I don’t know yet whether I like this show or not. There are elements that intrigue me and other parts that bother me. Time will tell.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102006732230130/k2311a0620/6.20.09