Dove Moisturizing Colour Shampoo and Conditioner  » Cosmetics  »
  • I went looking for them, but found them to be ridiculously expensive, so I decided to ‘slum it’ and buy a drug-store brand product until I could plan a trip to the States
  • I bought them, deciding I would get to the US as soon as possible
  • My experience with non-salon products was such that I didn’t believe this could possibly give my hair the conditioning it needed without weighing it down and making it heavy and even greasy

• by Jessie Bahrey

I am a hair products snob. It has been many years since I have used anything except salon-brand hair products, which I usually purchase at specialty hair product stores in the US, because they are about half the price as these products are in Canada. I have two or three favourites, and I generally rotate them so that my hair does not get used to just one product, as I find this works for me.

Recently, I moved temporarily to a city that is a long distance for the US border, and I ran out of my salon shampoo and conditioner. I went looking for them, but found them to be ridiculously

expensive, so I decided to ‘slum it’ and buy a drug-store brand product until I could plan a trip to the States.

I wandered through the hair section of my local drugstore, and was immediately overwhelmed at the variety of choices. I narrowed my options to those products that claimed to provide moisture and colour protection, and after that, I decided to make a decision based on price, since I had no history with any particular brand.

Always a sucker for a great sale, I decided to purchase Dove Moisturizing Colour Shampoo and Conditioner because they were on sale for $3. 99 each, almost half price.

I bought them, deciding I would get ...

• to the US as soon as possible.

Both the Dove shampoo and conditioner contain a ‘moisturizing serum’ and is especially for dry and colour-hair, so that did sound like something I really needed.

My experience with non-salon products was such that I didn’t believe this could possibly give my hair the conditioning it needed without weighing it down and making it heavy and even greasy. So it was with some skepticism that I shampooed and conditioned my hair next time I had a shower.

Both products are lotions, and smell exactly like soap, which concerned me. Anyway, the shampoo lathered well, and the conditioner did make my hair feel soft.

I let me

hair dry naturally so that I could tell whether or not it made my hair weighed down. Once it dried, it was not what I expected.

While my hair was soft, it was not in the slightest bit greasy or heavy at all. The ends were nourished, but the scalp area was not oily, and my hair remained feeling great even the next morning.

I have since been using Dove Moisturizing Colour Shampoo and Conditioner for a few weeks, and I have to admit that my opinion of drug-store brand hair products has changed for the better; this product is almost as good as many salon brands, at a fraction of the price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312006732150130/k2311a0620/6.20.09