Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • This product costs me about seventeen dollars, but that is okay because I think it is worth it
  • I have noticed that if I use this primer, even my worst, lowest quality, crappiest eyeshadow will last all day without creasing or fading
  • I really love this primer and intend to continue to buy it and keep it on hand
  • I am super glad that I found this particular eyeshadow primer

• by betsyraeduke

It wasn’t until about a year or so ago that I heard of and became aware of the fact that there is a such a thing as an eyeshadow primer. However, since I have become aware of them, I have been trying different ones. The purpose of an eyeshadow primer is to to make your eyeshadow last longer, prevent it from creasing and make your eyeshadow color more intense. What a great idea! Anyway, a really good eyeshadow primer that I have tried is Urban Decay Primer Potion.

This eyeshadow primer is a bare colored cream. You apply it to your lids before applying your eyeshadow. Hence the word, primer. This product comes in a neat looking tube. This tube is curvy shaped and is wider at the top then it is at the bottom. The tube is light purple and has a gray colored lid. The lid is rounded and comes to a point at the top. All together, the tube

that this product comes in looks kind of elegant. This primer comes in two sizes, 0.55 ounce size and 0.34 ounce size. I have the smaller of the two sizes. This product costs me about seventeen dollars, but that is okay because I think it is worth it.

This primer comes with an angled, sponge tipped applicator wand. To use this product you just dab and spread just a little tiny bit of it on your eyelids and spread it across with the applicator. This product dries very quickly. When the primer is dry your lids are ready and you can then apply your eyeshadow.

The ingredients of this product are as follows: Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Methicone, Isobutylparaben, Trihydroxystearin, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Cera Alba (Synthetic Beeswax), Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane and Disteardimonium Hectorite. It also may contain CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) and Mica.

I like ...

• this primer a lot. This primer is like magic, I swear. For starters, this primer works great with any type of eyeshadow. I have noticed that if I use this primer, even my worst, lowest quality, crappiest eyeshadow will last all day without creasing or fading. Not to mention the punch that this primer gives to my shadow. Using this primer under my eyeshadow really livens up my eyeshadow shades. All of my eyeshadow looks great when I use this primer first. It makes my eyeshadow colors so lovely and vibrant. I really love that.

Also I have really sensitive skin. However, this primer has never burned or irritated my skin in any way. Therefore I would say that this product is very gentle on the skin. That is a super big bonus for any product that I am going to apply to my skin in my book! Yes, all things considered, I would have to say that I really like this

eyeshadow primer a great deal. It works really super well and is a good value for the money.

In summary, Urban Decay Primer Potion is a really, really great product. It goes on smoothly and dries clear. It does not irritate sensitive skin which is always a plus. This product works great with any type of eyeshadow. Whenever I use this primer, even my lowest quality eyeshadow look great, last all day and do not crease. I really love this primer and intend to continue to buy it and keep it on hand. I am really glad that I came to discover the world of eyeshadow primers. I am super glad that I found this particular eyeshadow primer. This product is just really, really good. I like it a whole lot. I can not express that enough. I definitely recommend this primer. If you like eyeshadow primers, this is one to try. If you are anything like me then you will love it!

Urban Decay Primer Potion

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312006731900130/k2311a0620/6.20.09