Wrigley’s Fruit Sensations Sugarless Gum Strawberry Banana  » Food  »
  • During the warm months I like to do a lot of hiking
  • This is a cool looking, small package with a convenient tab on the side that opens and closes
  • Don't get me wrong, I love bananas, it's just that lone banana flavoring in candy or gum always taste fake to me
  • Aside from the flavor, I found this to be a pretty decent gum

• by betsyraeduke

During the warm months I like to do a lot of hiking. When I go hiking it is often my habit to chew gum in order to keep from getting dry mouth. I like to try different types and flavors of gum. Just recently I tried Wrigley’s Extra Fruit Sensations Sugarless Gum in Strawberry Banana flavor.

This gum is approved by the American Dental Association because it helps prevent cavities by making your teeth stronger. Also this gum has been approved by the ADA Council on Scientific Affairs because they found that the action of chewing this gum for twenty minutes after eating produces saliva flow. This aids in preventing cavities by reducing plaque which strengthens your teeth.

Wrigley’s Extra Fruit Sensations Sugarless Gum, Strawberry Banana flavor is chewing gum that comes in stick form. This comes in a package containing fifteen pieces of gum, each piece is separately wrapped. The package is really cute and brightly colored. There is a picture of a banana and strawberry on the package. This is a cool looking, small

package with a convenient tab on the side that opens and closes. This gum can easily be toted in a purse or fanny pack.

Now when it comes to Wrigley’s flavors of chewing gum, I either love them or I hate them. In this case, I hated it. The package said strawberry banana but to me it tasted only of banana. I could not detect any strawberry flavor at all in it. Now I would have been fine if I had detected even a hint of strawberry flavoring in this gum. I like the flavor of strawberry and banana mixed in gum or candies. However, I am not big on the flavor of banana alone in either. Don’t get me wrong, I love bananas, it’s just that lone banana flavoring in candy or gum always taste fake to me. However, that is just me and others might like the flavor of this gum.

Aside from the flavor, I found this to be a pretty decent gum. The sticks are very soft and fresh when you take ...

• them out of the package. The flavor, if you like fake banana flavor, lasts for a very very long time. Some gum looses its flavor after only a few minutes, but the flavor from just one stick of this gum lasted me for almost my entire hike which was nearly an hour long!

Not only that, but this gum stays soft while you chew it. Other gum that I have tried seemed to harden after chewing them for a while. One thing I can say about most any Wrigley’s gum though, is that it does tend to stay delightfully soft while I chew it. I find this to be a plus since I hate hard gum that hurts and tires out your jaws as you chew it. For softness and long lasting flavor, I would have to say that is one of the better gum.

The ingredients of this gum are as follows: gum base, natural and artificial flavors, (all I can taste in it is artificial banana flavor however), sorbitol, mannitol, hydrogenenated starch hydrolysate,

soy lecithin, aspartame, citric acid, malic acid, acesulfame k, fumaric acid, sucralose, BHA and BHT for maintaining freshness, yellow 5 lake, red 40 lake and blue 1 lake.

In summary Wrigley’s Extra Fruit Sensations Strawberry Banana flavor gum is a good gum as far as lasting flavor and softness goes. It is also good for your teeth and helps to prevent cavities. This gum comes in a package of fifteen sticks and each stick is separately wrapped. This gum will stay fresh and comes in a convenient package which is easily carried in your purse or bag and the package can be opened and closed. However, personally I can not stand the flavor. The flavor is supposed to be strawberry banana and is supposed to contain both natural and artificial flavor, however, the only flavor that I can detect from this gum is a fake banana flavor. I can not taste anything resembling strawberry flavor at all in this gum. If you can stand the flavor, this is a great gum. Otherwise I would choose something else.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272006731810130/k2311a0620/6.20.09