The Fender Stratocaster (Japan)
  • I like the out-of-phase pickup combination since it gives out a very funky Fender Strat tone
  • My cousins Fender Stratocaster, however, suffers from what I think is a factory defect
  • I tried adjusting the bridge but there just seems to be no way to fix this problem without changing the position of the bridge, which would mean carving a little to the right of the whole where the bridge is placed
  • I do intend to buy a Fender Strat in the future since I'm really impressed by it's tone

• by 6Clix

I was able to use my cousin’s Fender Stratocaster for a few months when he let me keep it and his Fender Telecaster. This Fender Strat, like his Telecaster, was made in Japan and was also made around the late 1980’s based on it’s serial number. This Strat has a tobacco sunburst color and white pick guard.

Like most Strats, this one has three single coil pickups, a 5-position pickup selector lever, and three knobs, one for master volume and two for tone control. It has 21 frets and has the vintage Fender tremolo bridge. The pickups give that

nice Fender Strat sound. The neck pickup has a warm tone, very good for blues, and the bridge pickup has a pretty bright tone. I like the out-of-phase pickup combination since it gives out a very funky Fender Strat tone.

The Fender Strat is a very nice guitar. It looks good and it sounds good. I can pretty much get that Jimi Hendrix sound when I play it with an overdrive or distortion pedal. I was able to test it with my friend’s Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer and it sounded phenomenal. It comes pretty close to Stevie Ray Vaughn’s ...

• tone. Since I play in mostly rock and heavy metal bands, I use lots of distortion. The Fender Strat sounds good with lots of distortion though the single coil pickups sound weaker than humbuckers.

My cousins Fender Stratocaster, however, suffers from what I think is a factory defect. The bridge is situated a little too far to the left that the low E string almost goes beyond the edge of the neck. I tried adjusting the bridge but there just seems to be no way to fix this problem without changing the position of the bridge, which would mean carving a

little to the right of the whole where the bridge is placed. I don’t really want to modify any part of the Strat’s body since it might alter its good tone for the worse.

The Fender Stratocaster is a great sounding and great looking guitar. My cousin’s Strat, though it suffers from a factory defect, still sounds good. Although, I’m used to playing guitars with really thin necks, I still like the way the Strat’s neck feels and I have no problems playing fast with it. I do intend to buy a Fender Strat in the future since I’m really impressed by it’s tone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162006731760130/k2311a0620/6.20.09