National Lampoon’s The Stoned Age  » Movies  »
1.0
  • When we started watching it, I figured it would be like that old movie Caveman, which was funny but pretty lame
  • If you have an opportunity to watch this movie, I would suggest avoiding it

• by Steve

We randomly picked a movie to watch on our netflix player last night and ended up with National Lampoon’s The Stoned Age. When we started watching it, I figured it would be like that old movie Caveman, which was funny but pretty lame.

It turns out Caveman was a much better film.

There

was a time when National Lampoons was able to come up with unique and funny movies; films like Animal House and Family Vacation (along with the sequels) were classics.

But, the later movies are pretty much all the same.

They essentially consist of men trying to get laid.

And, while funny to an ...

• extent, it gets a bit old after a while.

This film really wasn’t any different.

You have some funny moments but it got to the point where I wanted to just see the movie finally come to an end and wondered just when (or ever) that might happen.

And, when it did end,

I’ll give it a few points for creativity, but I’m not sure if I liked the ending or not.

I also feel the movie wasted well-known stars in unimportant roles throughout; something that also managed to be disappointing.

If you have an opportunity to watch this movie, I would suggest avoiding it.

Find an older National Lampoon’s movie instead.

Andrew Leither says :

To me this movie really sounds nice and interesting I think I have seen it just can’t remember I vaguely know of it and would love to see the movie most helpful and interesting review and excellent and fun, engaging characters

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112006731231230/k2311a0620/6.20.09