The Day the Earth Stood Still movie  » Movies  »
  • Some time ago, I re-watched the movie The Day the Earth Stood Still and thought it was one of the most boring alien invasion movies ever made
  • Despite that, I decided to give the 2008 Keanu Reeves remake a try this past weekend
  • Unfortunately, while better, it wasn’t overly great either
  • This is not a great film and I wouldn’t recommend spending your money buying it

• by Steve

Some time ago, I re-watched the movie The Day the Earth Stood Still and thought it was one of the most boring alien invasion movies ever made. Despite that, I decided to give the 2008 Keanu Reeves remake a try

this past weekend.

Unfortunately, while better, it wasn’t overly great either.

I did like the special effects in this movie.

That giant robot was menacing and it turning into those tiny little bug like creatures was enough to give you the chills.

But, the movie was played with very little emotion and I felt at times the actors were just there to collect a check and weren’t putting a whole lot of effort into it; like they were relying a ...

• The Day the Earth Stood Still movie
      bit too much on the special effects to carry the film.

Much like the original, there is whole lot of inaction in this action movie; except for a few scenes.

Most of the film is the characters talking and Reeve’s

threatening people with extinction.

This is not a great film and I wouldn’t recommend spending your money buying it.

I’m glad I didn’t waste my money at the theater and settled for renting it instead.

Otherwise, I would have felt like I was ripped off.

The Day the Earth Stood Still movie
kevin crucifix says :

re : This is not a great film and I wouldn’t recommend spending your money buying it
Not a lot of action effectively

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112006730530930/k2311a0620/6.20.09