Secret Garden Hostel, Quito, Ecuador  » Hotels  »
Calle Antepara E4-60 y Los Rios
  • In the day it is an easy and interesting walk to explore the churches, plazas, and culture of Ecuador´s capital
  • While being a big fan of finding my own restaurants and travel destinations, I found it helpful to have a restaurant that served breakfast and dinner in the hostel
  • I found it a great way to start my travels in Ecuador and would recommend it to those who are travelling here for the first time

• by FinnMccool

Finding a good hostel in Quito can be a bit of trial and error. Unlike hotels in other parts of the world, hostels in Ecuador differ from place to place. The Secret garden in the historic part of Quito has the following to offer.

1. Location. Most hostels are located in the new part of Quito near tour agencies and restaurants. The area is noisy and it can be dangerous.

The Secret garden is in a quiet part of town that shuts down after ten at night. In the day it is an easy and interesting walk to explore the churches, plazas, and culture of Ecuador´s capital.

2. Convenience. While being a big fan of finding my own restaurants and travel destinations, I found it helpful to have a restaurant that served breakfast and dinner in the hostel. I was ...

• also impressed by the friendliness of the in-house travel agent when trying to find interesting places to go.

3. Social. The Terrence of The Secret Garden offers a great place to meet other travellers and share information. I found a few good travel companions and heard about different out of the way destinations while I was there.

4. Sister hostel. The Secret Garden has a hostel out in the country near the Cotopaxi

volcano. I was able to find a group to travel with me to the hostel and found it refreshingly relaxing and wouldn´t hesitate to return.

The Secret Garden is a well established hostel that offers a variety of services not found in newer hostels in Quito. I found it a great way to start my travels in Ecuador and would recommend it to those who are travelling here for the first time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21906730300730/k2311a0619/6.19.09