Nioxin Scalp Therapy for Fine Hair  » Health  »
  • So, when I finally got my first haircut in my new place of residence, I decided to ask the hair dresser what to do
  • I have been down that road many times, and as far as suggestions from stylists, I do know that they often push a certain product line that is always expensive, and often the products work no better than drug store brands but cost much more

• by Jessie Bahrey

Since moving to a dry climate, in the middle of a very hot spring, I have had to add much moisturizers to my skin and hair routine. I was a bit horrified when my scalp began to flake a bit, not huge amounts, but enough to be disconcerting. I tried using my normal conditioner on my scalp, rather than just on the ends of my hair as I normally did, but it did not seem to stop the dryness and even itching. So, when I finally got my first haircut in my new place of residence, I

decided to ask the hair dresser what to do.

My hair dresser told me that, while I did not have dandruff, my scalp was extremely dry. He told me that most normal conditioners were not designed to moisturize the scalp, as the scalp is very different from the hair itself, and he suggested a product he was going to use on my hair. I have been down that road many times, and as far as suggestions from stylists, I do know that they often push a certain product line that is always expensive, and often the products work no better than drug store brands but cost much more. I decided to wait to see how it worked and felt on my scalp first; after all, this treatment at the hair dresser was free.

After he washed my hair, the stylist applied Nioxin Scalp Therapy for Fine Hair to my scalp, gently massaged it in, (which felt wonderful), and then applied it to the rest of my hair. Although it smelled a bit ‘mediciny,’ rather than fruity, it immediately began to make my scalp tingle. It actually felt cold on my head, but the tingly feeling lasted.

• Nioxin Scalp Therapy for Fine Hair
      He allowed the product to sit for about two minutes, as per the instructions, and when he rinsed it out, it still left my scalp feeling cool and tingly. After cutting and drying, I did notice that my scalp felt clean and not itchy at all.

On my way out, my stylist inevitably tried to sell me the product, and it was quite expensive at $15.99. I told him I might come back to buy it later; truthfully, I am too cheap to shell out that kind of money without knowing it works, so I wanted to see

how my hair felt the rest of that day and the next morning. Well, not only did my scalp feel great for the next 36 hours, but there was absolutely no itching or flaking whatsoever. My hair itself felt soft and great, so I decided to go back and buy it. I use it once a week now, and it makes my scalp feel great all week, even after washing it and using other conditioners. Nioxin Scalp Therapy for Fine Hair is worth the price, and it makes your scalp healthy and is even good for the rest of your hair.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341906730290730/k2311a0619/6.19.09