Vision in White by Nora Roberts  » Books  »
  • I was honestly looking forward to the series as it is definitely a much-needed change
  • I really love the book with its jagged pages

• by cHip

Vision in White is a new release by Nora Roberts - the first book in the Bride’s Quartet.

Roberts’ recent series were mostly trilogies and all related to the supernatural or involving some kind of danger element. This quartet comes as a refreshing change as it focuses on love and relationships. I was honestly looking forward to the series as it is definitely a much-needed change.

First off, I must say that the publisher did a very good job of designing the book cover. I really love the book with its jagged pages. It gives the book a very nice and well-read feeling. It feels

good to touch and is definitely a pleaser to the eyes.

That said, it’s not just the packaging that is good. The contents itself are pretty decent too! In this book, we meet Mackenzie and Carter. Mac is a wedding photographer who has seen her fair share of marriages gone sour, on top of her own parents many weddings and divorces. Carter is on the extreme end. Stable family, esteemed professor in a high school. Everything that Mac is not. So it comes as no surprise that they get attracted to each other and get together.

Roberts is very clever in crafting her characters. In ...

• every book, the characters are brought to life. And even though they mostly are very strong and dominant individuals, Roberts is able to complement the couple very well. I really love Carter in this story. After reading the book, I’m sure you’ll fall in love with him too! :)

This book revolves around preparing for weddings, the kind of work involved. However, I find that there are not enough details about that. It seems that the weddings sections are often glossed over. A lot of the book focuses on Mac’s personal problems and her indecisiveness when it comes to Carter. I felt that there

was an over-emphasis on Mac and her problems and not enough about the work of the 4 friends.

The story is very sweet with no surprises. Even so, it’s a book that made me want to slowly take my time with it and to finish it. I wouldn’t say that it grips me like Roberts other mysteries/suspense, but this is more like a slow and leisurely read. It’s pretty good, though i wouldn’t say fantastic.

I’m looking forward to more excitement and climax in her other 3 books in the series. If you are looking for a change from Roberts usual novels, you can give this a try.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171906730230730/k2311a0619/6.19.09