TRESemme Volumizing Mousse
  • I don't like hair gel very much, and tend to use it sparingly
  • I would definitely recommend this product to somebody with thick, wavy hair that tends to be limp and frizzy if it isn't styled properly

• by hanasays

I’m always looking for new ways to control my hair. I don’t like hair gel very much, and tend to use it sparingly. My hair is not thin, but sometimes it’s limp, and of course it’s always frizzy. Whenever I style it, I’m worried about blow-drying it too much and ending up with hair that’s even frizzier.

THE PRICE: Like many TRESemme products, this is in the $5-$8 range. It really depends on where you buy it. I’ve never seen coupons for a TRESemme product, but you might be able to find it somewhere

on sale. Honestly, though, when you need mousse, you need mousse.

THE PACKAGING: The dark grey and red metal can is quite elegant looking, in a “salon” sort of way.

The can is pretty sturdy.

The dispenser is easy to use, and the directions on the back of the package are good (they state “you need more than you think”). The cap to the dispenser is sturdy but I don’t feel like it snaps on securely enough. I would not take it with me in a purse or suitcase anywhere, I’m pretty sure I’d ...

• end up with my luggage full of mousse.

THE PRODUCT: Whenever I use this product while blow-drying my hair, my hair is much more manageable. It is much easier to style, it holds the style better, it is shinier, and it is less frizzy. It also has more volume and bounce. I would do it more often if I weren’t worried about damage to my hair.

The main downside is that, like almost every hair styling product in existance, this is messy to apply. It makes my hands sticky, which I really do not

enjoy, and it’s hard to wash off of my hands. Everything I touch while I’m styling my hair gets sticky, as well. You have to use quite a bit of product to style your hair (the “two egg-sized dollops” the back of the can recommends is actually pretty close).

CONCLUSION: I would definitely recommend this product to somebody with thick, wavy hair that tends to be limp and frizzy if it isn’t styled properly. I could see this product being “too much” for someone with thinner hair, and possibly “not enough” for someone with very thick hair. But for my own hair, it’s perfect.

TRESemme Volumizing Mousse
    J. Mehale says :

I`ve used the mousse several times and when I went to use it the other day, I went to shake the bottle or container and it was like liquid and nothing came out. There is plenty of liquid in there. I tried several times. Please advise me or is this a defective bottle? Thank you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311906730140630/k2311a0619/6.19.09