Nu-Pore Cleansing Strips  » Cosmetics  »
  • I couldn't buy them as often as I wanted to, though, because at $7 for 6 strips, they just cost a little too much to use regularly
  • I thought that perhaps they would be a shoddy copycat that didn't really work and left a nasty residue on my nose
  • The only issue I have with these strips is that they are not notched like the Biore strips, so they're a little bit harder to fit to your nose
  • They are a little bit bigger, though, and in my opinion they're even shaped a little better

• by Hanasays

I have loved Biore’s Pore Cleansing Strips for a long time, ever since they first came out. They get rid of the stubborn blackheads on my nose, and for that I am grateful. I couldn’t buy them as often as I wanted to, though, because at $7 for 6 strips, they just cost a little too much to use regularly. Since my budget got tighter, I just couldn’t do it.

THE PRICE: Recently, while browsing at a local Dollar General, I came across a much cheaper brand of pore cleansing strips. I had never really seen a brand besides Biore that offered pore strips, so I was very curious. I was also very hopeful, because these were $1.00 a box! There were only

3 strips in each box, but $2 for 6 strips compared to $7 for 6 strips was still a big difference!

THE PACKAGING: The box itself looks pretty generic. While I was hopeful, I was a bit worried by how generic it looked.

Like Biore strips, each individual strip comes in a waterproof pouch, which you tear open at the top. The pouches were easy to open. Like Biore, each strip is affixed to a sheet of thin plastic. In fact, they look almost identical to Biore strips. The strip was a little bit difficult to peel off, so I got a little worried again, but it was only the first strip - the others I’ve used were just fine.

MY EXPERIENCE: I took ...

• them home and tried them out, and wow! I thought that perhaps they would be a shoddy copycat that didn’t really work and left a nasty residue on my nose. Not so. These worked almost as well as the Biore strips - and they were so much cheaper!

They lifted blackheads out perfectly. Like Biore strips, they may tug at your skin a little bit or hurt slightly while you’re removing them - nothing to be done for that, just don’t put them too close to sensitive patches of skin or your eyes. Also, like Biore strips, they may leave a bit of sticky residue. Wash it off.

Anyway, my nose looked ten times better for a third of the price. I went

back and bought several boxes. I’m terrified that they will discontinue these, as they are my new favorite.

The only issue I have with these strips is that they are not notched like the Biore strips, so they’re a little bit harder to fit to your nose. They are a little bit bigger, though, and in my opinion they’re even shaped a little better. I won’t mourn the loss of the notches for too long. If you’re so hung up on the notches on the strips, get a pair of nail scissors and snip some yourself. Otherwise, these are perfect.

CONCLUSION: These work just as well as Biore strips and cost a third of the price. The only real difference is the generic-looking box and a lack of notches. Otherwise, I love these.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311906730130630/k2311a0619/6.19.09