Creative SBS 350 2.1 Speakers  » Electronics  »
  • Whenever I get free time I prefer to watch movie rather than doing other things
  • At home I have a pair of speaker but for hostel when I bought my pc I purchased Creative SBS 350 2.1 speakers
  • I think for small room in hostel 2.1 is more than enough
  • Watching horror movies in dark is great experience

• by ankgol

I am great fond of music. My day starts with music and ends with music. The same case is with movies. Whenever I get free time I prefer to watch movie rather than doing other things. You need to have great speakers to enjoy movies and music. I have ipod to listen to music but I use ipod when I am not sitting on my pc. Also I have headphones but I use the pair when someone is around me (I don’t want to bother). Forget ipod or headphones, I prefer to use speakers. At home I have a pair of speaker but for hostel when I bought my pc I purchased Creative SBS 350 2.1 speakers. You are wondering why I didn’t buy 5.1 speakers. I think for small room in hostel 2.1 is more than enough.

When I bought the same I am dying to plug the speakers. The packing of speakers is great. It comes in a cardboard and

consists of power adapter, two speakers with stands and one subwoofer. They are packed so tightly that there is no chance of breaking anything. I unpacked the whole thing. Both speakers and subwoofers are of black color. They look very simple in a cube shape. On both speakers and subwoofers there is a silver tag with creative logo and that looks very nice. The bass controller is on the back side of the subwoofer. Volume controller and power button is connected to the wire that needs to plug in the pc.

I started connecting stands on the speakers. Connecting the speakers to pc is very easy. First plug both the speakers on the back side of subwoofer. You can clearly see the switch where you need to plug the same. Then plug the lid of power adapter on the back side of subwoofer and connect the other side to the switch board for power supply. Finally connect the green lid to pc.

• You can clearly see a volume controller and power on/off button in the middle of the wire. Green light on the button indicates that speakers are on. Just on the power button and you are ready to enjoy the sound. You can connect it to computer, laptop and notebook with just a single cable.

The sound quality is great. I mean I was surprised and pleased when I heard it for first time. In my small room I feel like I am watching movie in theater. It works like a home theater in my small room. At a very low bass you can hear great sound. The connecting wires are very long. You can put speakers on the corners of room. It gives feel like a home theater. Watching horror movies in dark is great experience. Keep subwoofer away from the pc. The magnetic rays can affect your monitor or hard disk. Good thing is that even if you keep subwoofer away

from pc, you can have remote controller in front of you that controls volume and power. It is connected in that way. So you don’t need to go anywhere to control the volume and you again you don’t need to go anywhere to switch off the speakers. Sometimes in laziness we don’t get up to switch them off but remember they also consumes power. May be you can save your electricity bill.

Another good thing is that they are not expensive. Even you can find some other brands at a same price but you can’t have quality of that level in other brands. I am using it from past 4 years and they are working fine for me. Even you can’t find any scratches on the speaker system. Still they look like I bought a new speaker system yesterday. Overall, I can say this is a great speaker system. I feel proud that I have it and I can say that it is worth buying.

Kanz says :

Thanks for the review. I am definitely buying this.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161806730071230/k2311a0618/6.18.09