DTV USA Forum  » Web sites  »
  • I learned so much from these people about what kind of converter boxes were the best and which ones to avoid, how to hook up the converter box, and how the boxes operated that when I took advantage of the FCC's association with Best Buy's Geek Squad to come out and hook up the boxes for me, I knew more than the technician
  • What I like is that the site doesn't have any spam on it, which is so often found on other forums
  • If people aren't sure of the question, they let you know and attempt to get information from the poster so that they can help out with the problem, whatever it may be
  • I really like this forum and highly recommend it

• by Orrymain

With the advent of the United States finally switching from analog transmission to digital, a new forum appeared on the internet which has been, and still is, a site of information and assistance for those with questions about the DTV switch. The forum, DTV USA Forum, has been invaluable to me and many others throughout the transition.

There are so many knowledgeable members who are eager to help folks with questions or having reception problems. I learned so much from these people about what kind of converter boxes were the best and which ones to avoid, how to hook up the converter box, and how the boxes operated that when I took advantage of the FCC’s association with Best Buy’s Geek Squad to come out and hook up the boxes for me, I knew more than the technician.

I’m not exaggerating (see my review on The Geek Squad and you’ll see just

how useless that visit was). I truly did know more about the transition, how my converter box should be connected and run, and the operation of the system than the Geek Squad tech who came to my house. I have the kind forum members of DTV USA Forum to thank for that. No question has been too dumb.

The forum is a very clean site. It looks professional and is well moderated by the Jay, the owner, and those who assist him in the forum. What I like is that the site doesn’t have any spam on it, which is so often found on other forums. Topics are responded to and not left to rot. If people aren’t sure of the question, they let you know and attempt to get information from the poster so that they can help out with the problem, whatever it may ...

• be.

The template for the forum is one of my favorites. It’s easy to register and easy to navigate. My soul complaint has been the placement of the bookmark bar that allows readers to hook into Google, My Space, and other social networks. That bar is always opening up when I’m wanting to go to ‘new posts’. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve clicked on ‘New Posts’, but had that bar square open up and take me to My Space by accident. Jay’s promised to relocate it one of these days, so I’m hoping he follows through. Still, it’s a very minor inconvenience.

Everything else is set up logically and is easy to read. The colors are easy on the eyes and the fonts are made for easy reading. It’s not cluttered with ads and pop-ups that do nothing but annoy. It’s really a

very user-friendly site.

With the DTV transition ebbing to a close, the forum is going to be concentrating a lot on Home Theater. It’s already a part of the forum, with topics devoted to home theater setups, TVs, DVDs, Amps, Speakers, and Gaming Systems, and the goal is to place more emphasis on these subjects as the weeks march on. I have no doubt that the residents of the DTV USA Forum will be able to assist with any questions readers may have on what to buy, how to connect, and playback problems for home theater products with the same care and knowledge as they have been on the DTV transition issues.

I really like this forum and highly recommend it. As I said, the folks there are very nice and eager to help, and there’s plenty of off-topic chatter to just kick back and have fun with, too.

Check it out at http://www.dtvusaforum.com/

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 201806730031230/k2311a0618/6.18.09