Atkins Diet  » Health  »
  • Also somehow my metabolism changed and I believe I started processing food better than before the diet
  • I wish the best of luck to whoever keeps it

• by iqphantom

If you just arrived from another planet this will be the first time you hear about the Atkins Diet. Otherwise I guess you have read at list once about it since it is so popular especially because a great number of celebrities and public figures brag about using it. I started keeping the Atkins diet 6 months ago. The reason was I was 7 kg over my proper weight and I was set in getting rid of them.

So I started the diet by the book , first two weeks without carbohydrates of any kind,a lot of water, no sweets, no fruit, etc. (the diet plan is available online, but I

went after doctor’s Atkins book-it costs $17 now;I have bought it for $20 and I wasn’t sorry at all) So by the end of the two weeks I had lost 2 kg and I was going mad with hunger. I continued for another 2 weeks and things started to get better, I lost 5 kilograms in total, during 4 weeks and I felt very good.

I started introducing the very little amount of carbohydrates allowed and kept with the program further. I was in the third stage of the diet and very satisfied of myself. I didn’t miss my usual food as much as at first and it was a bit ...

• easier.

Also the weight loss result motivated me pretty much. So after 2 weeks of the third stage of the diet I was at my ideal weight so two more kilograms lost. I was at the point when in order to sustain the weight ,the maximum of carbs you are allowed to eat is 40 grams of rice or 30 grams of pasta.

Now the conclusion. After reaching my desired weight I pretty much, in time, renounced the diet principals. Of course I didn’t exaggerate but a cake came now and then, and I got back on drinking milk and eating fruit.

The weight stayed put, maybe because after giving

it up I started exercising more and that was a great help. Also somehow my metabolism changed and I believe I started processing food better than before the diet. Anyway I must say the diet has some minuses.

I was suffering from fatigue and irritability during the diet period. Also I had many nights I couldn’t sleep and that was very bad. My very honest opinion is that this diet is for people with will.

It helps a lot, you don’t loose weight on a spectacular manner but helps your body into shape and seems to keep it there as long as you don’t cross back too much to the other side of destructive nutrition. I wish the best of luck to whoever keeps it. It helped me a lot and I recommend it.

Atkins Diet

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341806729941230/k2311a0618/6.18.09