Mac Based, “Risk” Game (Lux Delux)  » Games  »
  • I highly recommend this game to anyone with an itching Napoleonic complex

• by D1ST4NC3TR4V3L3R

Lux Delux is an electronic version of the old Parker Brothers global domination game. The goal is to fight and conquer territories until one player has taken over the entire world. Territories are disputed by the rolling of dice in the old game, but automatically randomized in the electronic game. “Rolling the dice” has become “clicking the mouse.”

Since the game offers computer players with various settings, the game speed is quite high. The computer bot settings include things like,

“angry,” and, “Beginner - Advanced,” giving the player the option to customize the opponents of each game. Additional customization comes in the maps offered by the company. Updates are offered pretty regularly, and my game currently has about 6 different maps from which I can choose.

This game is incredibly addictive because it retains the basic aspects of the old “Risk” board game, while giving you the option to play much faster. I have found myself lost for hours while I ...

• try to hold the bottlenecks in North America and South America-Africa. The old adage that, “You can never hold Asia” remains true in this game.

One of my favorite aspects of this game is the lack of cleanup. No plastic pieces can get lost, and I can quit without shame in the middle of a game. Why would I buy a bulky board when I can take over the world on my laptop?

Additional strategy can be found online, and it’s a

good idea to read up on this before playing the game. If you liked Risk, you will love Lux Delux by Sillysoft. The drawback is that I have only found this game for Mac, but perhaps there is an “exe” file out there somewhere…

The game offers a trial version and then a small fee to purchase a CD key so people can play one another online (rather than just playing bots). I highly recommend this game to anyone with an itching Napoleonic complex.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281806729671130/k2311a0618/6.18.09