Death in Disguise movie  » Movies  »
1.0
  • In fact, I found myself fast forwarding through some of it, because it just was too drawn out and boring
  • I would highly recommend that people miss this episode

• by jollsjlupin

I am reviewing the murder mystery movie, Death in Disguise, starring John Nettles and Daniel Casey as Chief Inspector Tom Barnaby and Detective Sergeant Troy. This movie was made in 1999, was produced by Brian-True May and Betty Wilingale, and is based off of the novels written by Caroline Graham. In this movie, we find our heroes at some religious retreat for people suffering.

It’s a cult like group that has

this retreat for those suffering from depression, anxiety, and for those who are just troubled. It is led by a man named Ian.

With a group of people in this retreat, there is bound to be some sort of drama, and it comes in the form of a murder. A man is found with his neck broken at the bottom of a staircase, but the question remains: did he fall ...

• or was he pushed? Tom Barnaby and Troy are called to the murder scene.

It isn’t long before another murder is committed, though, leading to further intrigue and mystery for the two men to solve. I really didn’t care for this Inspector Barnaby mystery.

I have my favorites, and this certainly wasn’t one of them. In fact, I found myself fast forwarding through some of it, because it just was too

drawn out and boring.

I wish more time would be spent on the two main actors instead of the players. The players in this film were dry and boring and creepy.

They seemed to all be just dry characters. The plot itself was a little out there, and promised no relief even at the end.

I would highly recommend that people miss this episode. It’s not one of the better ones written by Caroline Graham.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111806729551130/k2311a0618/6.18.09