Faithful Unto Death  » Movies  »
2.0
  • I thought it was drawn out, boring, and dry
  • So, if you're an Inspector Barnaby fan, I would probably recommend that you skip this one

• by jollsjlupin

I am reviewing the murder mystery film, Faithful Unto Death, starring John Nettles and Daniel Casey. This film was produced by Brian True-May and Betty Willingale, and is based off of the novels of Caroline Graham. It was created in 1998.

In the movie Faithful Unto Death, the whole plot centers around the crisis of a local mill being threatened to be shut down, which would

leave hundreds of people out of work. Not only that, many people have placed their investments in the mill, so the loss of the mill would be very catastrophic for them.

A local has long convinced the residents to invest their money in the place, so he becomes a target for much anger and hatred. And then, his wife goes missing.

Barnaby is called in, and concludes ...

• that the woman has been kidnapped by an angry local. There’s more than meets the eye on this case.

I honestly didn’t care much for this film. There are a lot of Barnaby films that are much better, in regards to plot and drama.

This one just didn’t keep my attention. I thought it was drawn out, boring, and dry.

A mystery revolving around a mill closing

just isn’t as exciting to me as others. The acting is grand as ever, but I didn’t feel that Nettles and Casey had much to work with on this one.

This will remain to be one of my least favorite Tom Barnaby films. So, if you’re an Inspector Barnaby fan, I would probably recommend that you skip this one.

It’s not worth the nearly two hours it takes to unfold.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111806729541130/k2311a0618/6.18.09