Death of a Hollow Man movie  » Movies  »
  • This film can be dry at times, like all of them, but it is one of the most interesting and intriguing Tom Barnaby movies I've seen
  • I highly recommend this film to murder mystery, theater, and Barnaby fans

• by jollsjlupin

I am reviewing the murder mystery movie, Death of a Hollow Man, starring Daniel Casey and John Nettles. This movie was made in 1998, was produced by Brian True-May and Betty Willingale, and is based off of the Tom Barnaby novels by Caroline Graham.

In Death of a Hollow Man, an early murder takes place almost immediately at the beginning, leading Tom Barnaby and Troy on the

hunt.

Further on in the village, a play production of Amadeus is being performed, the story about the famous musician, Mozart.

Cully, of course, has found a role in the play, and becomes frightened when a murder takes place on stage before the actors and audience! Nothing is as it seems, though, when Barnaby becomes involved.

I actually started watching the Barnaby series with season 9, so ...

• it was kind of a step backwards when I watched this third movie in season 1.

Having said that, I really liked this movie.

First, I really like the movie/play Amadeus, so having this be the set up for a murder mystery was equally grand! I also am a huge theater fan, so having this be the setting for this film was great.

This film can

be dry at times, like all of them, but it is one of the most interesting and intriguing Tom Barnaby movies I’ve seen.

There are a lot of plot twists and excitement along the way, and nothing is what it seems.

I also like the movies where Barnaby’s daughter and wife are more directly involved.

I highly recommend this film to murder mystery, theater, and Barnaby fans.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111806729531130/k2311a0618/6.18.09