Vienna travel  » Travel  »
  • Many people told me when I decided to visit Austria that Vienna is not a large city and the things to be seen are quite a few
  • The plane ticket was low cost and cost 145 euros for each adult and 95 for each of our 2 children
  • In 2 weeks we have visited so many sites and enjoyed so many wonderful walks in the parks and lovely chats in the most adorable cafés wishing we would have the time and the money to always stay there
  • A meal at decent restaurant in the old city costs around 15 euros and it is delicious
  • In spite of winter we enjoyed the best ice cream ever, at Zanoni’s, better than the one in Italy

• by iqphantom

Many people told me when I decided to visit Austria that Vienna is not a large city and the things to be seen are quite a few. It is also true that a great number of my friends have visited Vienna and drove me crazy with their details about the sites so I must say I was a bit under a contradiction. Of course like in every case the truth is somewhere in the middle. The plane ticket was low cost and cost 145 euros for each adult and 95 for each of our 2 children. The opinions about the city are different from person to person and that is why my own is a very personal one.

We stayed in Vienna 2 weeks. We were accommodated at Hotel Gästehaus Pfeilgasse and since we went to Vienna with a holyday package it was a bit cheaper than the usual rates . It cost around 34 euros /night and I believe it was quite

ok for Vienna because there the hotels are quite expensive. In 2 weeks we have visited so many sites and enjoyed so many wonderful walks in the parks and lovely chats in the most adorable cafés wishing we would have the time and the money to always stay there.

A meal at decent restaurant in the old city costs around 15 euros and it is delicious. I recommend the cheese potatoes the best I ever eaten. What is worth it to be visited in Vienna? The answer is: Everything. Everyone talks about Schoenbrunn and its amazing park, the ticket there costs around 40 euros /person, children got a discount of 5 euros (good to know I think) and also we saw the historical part of Vienna in the same tour, with a very amiable guide.

We saw the largest Zoo in Europe, 14 euros for adults and 12 for kids. The Hofburg Imperial Palace, and the gardens of Belvedere Palace ...

• are both fabulous and not pricy at all. We paid 10 euros/each for both. They are all as advertised.

Magnificent places brought down from the fairytale world. It was winter when we visited Vienna and that is why I think the gardens were not at their best potential. I would like to tell you about other sites that are less advertised but nevertheless as worth visiting as the above. We began with the Dome of Saint Stefan right in the middle of the city.

We had all inclusive tickets so we also visited the catacombs . A bit creepy I must say and not necessarily my thing but nevertheless a one in a lifetime experiences a tourist should have. The cost is about 4, 5 euros and includes the visitation of the two towers of the Dome. I specially enjoyed the organ concert inside the Peterskirche .

It was free but so very Vienna like and a very nice memory. The Spanish Ridding School

it’s a treat. The show costs 25 euro and it is presented only in winter. We were lucky going in February because we attended one of the last of this year.

Also you got to go to Prater. It is not an entertainment for the weak hearted but once in a lifetime you should ride the Great Wheel and enjoy this wonderful park. The shopping prices are quite “comfortable” comparing to the rest. My son succeeded in making me buy him a pair of brand snickers for only 24 euros.

Vienna is an expensive city but offers a quality of products and services at the same standard as the price. In spite of winter we enjoyed the best ice cream ever, at Zanoni’s, better than the one in Italy. An ice cream costs around 3 euros but is worth it. I also couldn’t leave Vienna without visiting Beethoven’s tomb and pay my respects to the memory of my ultimate favorite classic composer.

Go and visit Vienna as often as you can. It is a different city in every season and enchanting all over the year.

Vienna travel

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381806729521130/k2311a0618/6.18.09