Up (2009) movie  » Movies  »
  • We saw the 3-D version, which was well done although I don't think it added that much to the viewing experience
  • I thought the characters were pretty good and the story was well-written
  • I definitely recommend this as a family movie

• by booklover

I went and saw this with a friend (even though it’s a kids’ movie and we’re both adults) because we had heard a lot of good things about it. And Pixar usually puts out good movies, so it wasn’t like it was a risk or anything. The fact that we had free movie passes might have influenced our

decision.

It was a great movie. We saw the 3-D version, which was well done although I don’t think it added that much to the viewing experience. The storyline was unique and the effects were great. The visuals were beautiful.

I thought the characters were pretty good and the story was well-written. It’s a bit sad at the beginning, but ...

• the ending was satisfying. (Although I wonder about Russell’s dad - that was genuinely sad). I thought Russell in particular was cute and such a typical kid. And Doug was so funny. I want to go see it again!

I thought the characters were funny and well drawn in a familiar style - it reminded me a bit of

The Incredibles. And I really liked the idea of the floating house.

This was a great movie for both kids and adults. It’s funny and enjoyable without anything that’s inappropriate for children (although I wonder how many kids are going to tie things to helium balloons to see if they will float away?).

I definitely recommend this as a family movie.

Up (2009) movie

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111806729491130/k2311a0618/6.18.09