Lush Solid Shampoo Bar Tin  » Cosmetics  »
0.5
  • I was extremely disappointed when I went to take my second shower with the bar
  • I am a huge fan of a free item, but I feel as if I paid for this one in the end

• by jdeugenio27

Lush stores are a fun, new alternative to the drugstore showers you have been taking all your life. The prices are fair to moderate, but in the long run save you money. Featuring vegan and eco friendly products, I was hooked the second I walked into the Herald Square location on Broadway in NYC.

My favorite products are the solid shampoo bars. One little shampoo puck lasts for four to five months, which is great for your wallet and helps you to be a little greener.

Both the in-store locations as well as online give you a

free shampoo bar tin to store your bars. Sounds like a great idea for travel and storage right? Quite the contrary as I stored my favorite bar in the tin right away after purchase, and immediately realized that it was poorly designed, as I had to push it into the tin, and could not get it out afterwards.

The tin appears to be the same size in centimeters as the bar itself, with absolutely no ease for removal during usage. Since I couldn’t take out the bar, I kept it in the tin, and rubbed the bar on my ...

• head while it remained in the tin.

Not really a comfortable way to shampoo your scalp. I was extremely disappointed when I went to take my second shower with the bar.

Another negative feature to the tin was that it did not contain any tiny drainage holes for moisture to escape. The result; the bar was completely fused to the tin, and I have not gotten the bar out since.

It has been only about a month now, and while at this time I would normally have a full unused looking bar, the tin has turned

the bar into mush and his half gone. I am a huge fan of a free item, but I feel as if I paid for this one in the end.

For a company that focuses on an eco-friendly philosophy, they certainly created a product that goes against those beliefs. In the long run, the tin will force you to spend more money on their shampoo bars, which seems to be more if a marketing trick for the store during a tough economic time.

Next time I will know to just let my shampoo bars air dry to extend their normal lengthy life.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311806728831030/k2311a0618/6.18.09