San Francisco International  » TV  »
  • While a lot of folks have criticized this made-for-TV film, I don't really have a problem with it, mainly because I accept it for what it is -- a pilot done as a movie

• by Orrymain

San Francisco International was the pilot for a TV series which did sale. While a lot of folks have criticized this made-for-TV film, I don’t really have a problem with it, mainly because I accept it for what it is — a pilot done as a movie. I didn’t expect an Emmy winner, so was not expecting any more than I

got. What I got was a decent dramatic, somewhat angsty story with two or three sub-plots to keep the action going.

Pernell Roberts starred as the man in charge of operations at San Francisco International Airport. He battles the politicians for upgrades and improvements for the airport throughout the film.

The most soap opera-ish element is the storyline with Van Johnson and Nancy ...

• Malone. The two are divorcing and their son isn’t happy about it. In fact, young Davey (Ted Eccles) wanders out to a plan and takes it for a spin, resulting in a major crisis. Naturally, Jim Conrad (Roberts) is able to talk him down.

Another plot is pretty average about some thieves. Conrad and his gang have to try and

thwart them before they do much damage. This part of the story features Tab Hunter. Poor Hunter went from being heart throb to bad guy after the 50’s and 60’s.

San Francisco International isn’t great. It’s just average. However, I’ve watched it many times and it’s a decent TV movie to watch. It’s all about drama and happy endings; I like that.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101706728150630/k2311a0617/6.17.09