Young at Heart movie  » Movies  »
  • Interestly, though, I've changed how I liked it from when I was a little girl to how I like it as an adult
  • I always enjoyed it, but as a child, I wanted the resolution to the love triangle to be different than how it is
  • I love the scenes with the dog because I'm a dog lover, and Day with a dog is a winning combination for me

• by Orrymain

1954’s Young at Heart is one of my favorite movies. Interestly, though, I’ve changed how I liked it from when I was a little girl to how I like it as an adult. I always enjoyed it, but as a child, I wanted the resolution to the love triangle to be different than how it is. As an adult, after not having seen the film

in a number of years, I suddenly loved the ending. I’m not sure what that says about me, but I did a complete 180 on the ending. Then I hated it, now I love it to pieces.

Doris Day stars along side Frank Sinatra and Gig Young. Sinatra is a down on his luck singer who helps Young score a musical. Day and Young have ...

• been involved for a long time, but when Sinatra comes along, it throws a wrench into the mix.

Ethel Barrymore is superb in her role. I actually love her with Sinatra. She’s that all-knowing mother figure who knows Sinatra better than he knows himself. It’s a great interaction. Dorothy Malone and Elisabeth Fraser play Day’s sisters, and are both very good. Their beaus are

Alan Hale Jr. and Lonny Chapman. Chapman almost steals the show when he’s there. He was terrific in his part.

I love the scenes with the dog because I’m a dog lover, and Day with a dog is a winning combination for me. The ending, as I said, is wonderful, and I love the signs of hope that come out of it. Young at Heart is superb.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111706728100630/k2311a0617/6.17.09