Lover Come Back movie  » Movies  »
  • It's a really fun and daffy romantic comedy that I enjoy a lot, though Pillow Talk is my favorite of their three motion pictures together

• by Orrymain

Doris Day and Rock Hudson team up again for Lover Come Back from 1961. It’s a really fun and daffy romantic comedy that I enjoy a lot, though Pillow Talk is my favorite of their three motion pictures together.

In Lover Come Back, both Day and Hudson play ad executives in competition. As Carol Templeton,

Day has been fed up by Jerry Webster’s (Hudson) unethical practices, using alcohol and women to win campaigns. She actually tries to get him drummed out of advertising business. In response, he bribes one of the witnesses with a promise of appearing in commercials for a brand new product, called VIP, which doesn’t really ...

• exist. The fun ensues when Templeton gets wind of VIP and believes it’s real. She goes after the contract and heads off to meet with the inventor, Linus Tyler, only she mistakes Webster for Tyler. This happens because she’s never actually met Webster in person before.

Romantic mayhem ensues. I have to admit

that the final portion of the film was surprising to me. As a child, I didn’t understand it and grew up not really liking that part of the movie as a result. It was more adult, I suppose, than I used to. Never the less, Lover Come Back is funny all the way. Good movie.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111706728030630/k2311a0617/6.17.09