Rick Rocketson Pro: iPhone/iPod Touch Game  » Games  »
  • As long as new weapons and levels continue to be added, I'll be happy with the developer

• by CDubby

Rick Rocketson Pro for the iPhone/iPod touch platform brings back classic Amiga gaming in the palm of your hand. It’s one of the cheaper games in the app store, but also one of the most entertaining. If you’re a fan of the old Mega Mans or the Amiga gaming system, you have to try this out!

The music adds to the effect of a retro game, and it doesn’t get too repetitive. The graphics are also retro, which

would be expected. The developer continues to add levels to the game which shows me that they care about their work, which is important and makes me care about their work as well. Besides the actually fun gameplay that feels like you’re playing an old Mega Man, I really like how you can play the game in landscape or portrait mode. It’s always nice to have options, and the landscape or portrait option usually isn’t available, but ...

• it is here. Sometimes I feel weird playing my iPod in public, even more so if I have the device horizontal, so even though I play the game in landscape mode when I’m at my house, I play it in portrait when I’m out.

The stellar 4/5 star rating on the app store really speaks for itself. The gameplay is challenging and the unique retro idea was pulled off seamlessly. As long as new weapons and levels continue

to be added, I’ll be happy with the developer. When the game first came out it seemed to be lacking some depth, but the fourteen levels it has now is sufficient for a decent amount of gaming. The learning curve is great, and gets you ready for those harder later levels. This is really a fantastic game for three dollars. I say skip the Big Mac and pick this up, you’ll get way more value out of it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281706727840530/k2311a0617/6.17.09