Playtex Embrace Petite Double Electric Breast Pump
1.0
  • Being a parent for the very first time, I was definitely strapped for cash
  • After reading through the instruction manual in its entirety, I decided to attempt to try out the pump
  • In doing so, I found it to be EXTREMELY painful
  • I definitely WOULD NOT recommend the Playtex Embrace Petite Double Electric Breast Pump to anyone

• by Roe Momma

When my daughter was born, I was planning on going back to work after a 2 month maternity leave. Being a parent for the very first time, I was definitely strapped for cash. I knew that I needed to get a breast pump so that I could start building up a supply before I went back to work.

When I went to go look at my options at the store, I knew I wanted something that worked and something with a duel pump. I didn’t really know much more than that to really determine what it was that would best suit my needs. In looking at my options, the Playtex brand definitely stood out to me. If they have great bras, they must have

great breast pumps, right? I wound up purchasing the Playtex Embrace Petite Double Electric Breast Pump.

After reading through the instruction manual in its entirety, I decided to attempt to try out the pump. In doing so, I found it to be EXTREMELY painful. It was the very first time I had ever pumped, so I figured that it was suppose to hurt. On top of that, I was barely getting an ounce on each side. Being naive, I told myself that it just takes time to build up my supply.

Another frustration that I had with this breast pump was the fact that it constantly leaked. I had to constantly reposition the pump(s) in an attempt to stop the ...

• leaks. The repositioning also was necessary as the pump(s) had a hard time latching on. Was pumping really supposed to be this difficult?

It wasn’t until a week before I went back to work that I started thinking about what I would have to do in order to be able to pump at work. The only thing I could think of was to pump in my car on my lunch break. In order to do so, however, I would need an A/C Adapter which was not included with this breast pump.

I had finally reached the peak of my frustration and decided to look for a different option all together. I wound up buying the Medela Pump In Style Breast Pump with Shoulder Bag

and I have not looked back since.

I definitely WOULD NOT recommend the Playtex Embrace Petite Double Electric Breast Pump to anyone. It is painful, it leaks, and I honestly believe that if I did not switch to a different pump, my milk supply would have dried up due to the ineffectiveness of this product. Normally I donate products that I cannot use to charity, but this one went right in the trash.

The only positive thing I can say about this product is that it had a great price. The price, however, is definitely not worth it. Spend the extra money on a higher quality, more expensive breast pump like the Medela Pump In Style Breast Pump with Shoulder Bag. You’ll be glad you did!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 541606726940130/k2311a0616/6.16.09