Old Del Paso Taco Seasoning Mix
  • I love tacos, but I've never really made them at home

• by Orrymain

I love tacos, but I’ve never really made them at home. It’s just too messy of a process. However, I was recently given a packet of Old Del Paso Taco Seasoning Mix and just had to take advantage of it.

Basically, you brown your hamburger, then stir in the package along with 2/3rd cup of water. Once the water has dissipated, you put your ingredients into your tacos and go. However, I did a variation on that

since a) I didn’t want to use a skillet and b) I didn’t have any taco shells on hand. For me, the fun would be just to have the taco taste with my ground burger. So, what I did was cook my hamburger just like I would normally on my George Foreman grill. Now, I didn’t need to use a whole package, so I used just a third of a pound of hamburger instead of the pound ...

• stated in the directions. Then I just cut the amount of water and the seasoning packet. When the hamburger was cooked, I put it in one of the aluminum pans that I use for baking, added the water and the seasoning, and put it in my convection oven to bake. The one difference here is that the water won’t disappear. However, just like the instructions, I stirred it quite a bit, making sure that the seasoning
        was mixing in with the meat.

When it was ready in my estimation, I just put the seasoned burger into a bowl, put some taco sauce over it, and ate it. The result: it tasted great! It was just like having a taco, sans the taco shell. I really liked this, so I anticipate that this is something I’ll purchase myself in the future. As for now, I still have enough for two more individual taco treats.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271606726770130/k2311a0616/6.16.09