Proton Persona 1.5L

• by allan2828

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

I bought a Proton Persona car from EON. This car is made in Malaysia by EON. The Persona is quite a big car although slightly smaller than its predecessor the Proton Perdana with a 2.0L V6 engine. My Persona only has 1.5L engine . What attracted me to this beauty was the beautiful and pleasing design of the overall shape.

The interior is even more impressive with lush and comfortable seats, reclining chairs, air-bags, cd player with radio, remote windows, 4 speaker systems and full air-condition. The radio cum cd player can be controlled from the steering wheel such as

changing channels, adjusting volume controls and the like. It means I do not have to take my eyes from the road driving while changing channels. It’s a very good safety concept.

Driving my car for the first time was a sheer joy. That air-condition was so “cold”. Although I only set it at No.2 I was shivering. The maximum was No. 10! Since Malaysian weather was so hot normally, I relish the thought that I no longer have to sweat in the blazing equqtorial sun. My first drive was very smooth indeed. Going through “bumps” was not a problem and ...

• I hardly felt it. My other cars that I have usually gave me a “jolt” but not this one. Maybe the tyres were new or maybe the suspension is excellent, I am not very sure. But it was a comfortable ride.

Turning round corners was as easy as a breeze. It did not tilt and no squeaking of the tyres. I tried it out on the major highways. Soon I was cruising happily on the highway at speeds of 120 km an hour and I didn’t even know it! I tried increasing it to 160 km an hour and I

can feel a slight turbulance. Its time to back down again and maintained at cruising speeds of 110 km an hour.

Consumption on petrol was not that impressive; only managed 20 km per litre of petrol. Overall this is an excellent car and pricing at $13000 only, it is cheap. Now I have a new car without burning a hole in my wallet. Who say cheap can’t be beautiful as well.

ali says :

my car cannot start after removing radiator fan motor.my car temperature also high

Marg says :

If it won’t start after overheating it could be a number of things including valves, pistons and gaskets. If you’ve worked on the engine before I would suggest that you check the compression. If the compression is low the gasket is probably damaged.

allan2828 replies :

Ali, why do you want to remove the radiator fan in the first place? It is an integral part of any car to cool down the radiator. Without this cooling system you car engine temperature would shoot up like a rocket in no time You should have it checked by a car workshop or manufacturer of the vehicle.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 91606726491230/k2311a0616/6.16.09